Hello all...I'm David

daturner01
RadioEarn.com UserID: 25117
Hello all...I'm David

Post by daturner01 » 19 Mar 2019, 05:39

Just started using this Radio and think it is great. Got it running in every room in the house.

I came to the Forum because I wanted to find out the Best Streaming Application for Windows 10 to use with RadioEarn. Did a search and didn't really get any significant results. The only thing mentioned besides Andriod or IOS was VLC so I'll try that first. If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

This is really the wrong place so if I am still looking for the best streamer I will post in Technology if I don't get any results here or am not really happy with VLC.

Thanks...David T.

daturner01
RadioEarn.com UserID: 25117
Re: Hello all...I'm David

Post by daturner01 » 21 Mar 2019, 09:15

For any new users that want a stream player outside of a web browser I'll tell you I tried several players and VLC has worked the best so far. Stays up much longer that the Chrome browser player and doesn't put a big drain on the PC resources.

Cheers...David T.

Diaggory
RadioEarn.com UserID: 126

Post by Diaggory » 27 Mar 2019, 05:27

Hello and Wellcome:
Yes, i trust in VLC too, is the best. Other choice is the classic.. Winamp.
I have used both to listen to Radioearn. I'm curious and I'd like to talk about that with you, how do you want to use VLC with Radioearn?
I remind you that the radio window should be open (although it can be stopped if you are using VLC to listen to it). I clarify that the browser window should be open even if the radio stops while playing in VLC.
Another interesting topic is the bit rate (Kbps) of the transmission through VLC. I have seen in other places that you could listen to radio transmissions with different quality (especially for use in mobile connections and data storage).
I have not asked about that in the forum or the administrator because it was a project that I left parked, but it would be interesting to have several links of each radio depending on the quality of the streaming that we want to use.

RadioEarn.com
Site Admin

Post by RadioEarn.com » 27 Mar 2019, 06:24

Hi,

yes, in next update it will be possible to select the quality for each radio (in browser or as stream link).

The current bitrate is 32 Kbit/s (AAC+HE v2, P-Stereo).
This is the lowest bitrate for the best quality and the newest codec. The "high" quality will be available in 128 Kbit/s MP3 (J-Stereo).

Btw: 32 Kbit/s = 4 Kbyte per second. Very mobile friendly.
Need help?
Live-Support: Click here
E-Mail: Support@RadioEarn.com
WhatsApp: +49 (0)541 6735 4238 or click here

Diaggory
RadioEarn.com UserID: 126

Post by Diaggory » 27 Mar 2019, 07:21

RadioEarn.com wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 06:24
Hi,

yes, in next update it will be possible to select the quality for each radio (in browser or as stream link).

The current bitrate is 32 Kbit/s (AAC+HE v2, P-Stereo).
This is the lowest bitrate for the best quality and the newest codec. The "high" quality will be available in 128 Kbit/s MP3 (J-Stereo).

Btw: 32 Kbit/s = 4 Kbyte per second. Very mobile friendly.
:o :shock: i love you :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :D